Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall Tile adhesive queries - best way to spread it and best way to clean it up

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Only time I've PVA'd a wall before tiling is if it is lime plaster
and in poor condition - to give it some more strength. I'd say the
most absorbent wall would be bare plasterboard - and not had any
problems tiling direct to that using a decent ready mix.

I get a surprising amount of 'a few of my tiles have fallen off' jobs.

Probably through using a cheap/unsuitable adhesive. I had that when using
a Wicks one.

--
*If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.