Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Over and Under

In message , TheOldFellow
writes
I'm planning to revise the home laundry, presently divided between
a Bathroom (Washing machine in a cupboard) and the Garage (Tumble Dryer
making my machines rust).

There area several feasible ways of doing this, but one that I'm
considering is to stack them. A proper stacking pair is expensive. I'm
thinking of making a shelf for the dryer over the washer ( in a
cupboard, but not in the bathroom! ). Clearly it will need to be
quite strong, but tumble dryers are not exceptionally heavy and the
joist-span will only be 700mm - both the walls and the cupboard back
will be new stud walls.

Can anyone see and 'gotchas' in this idea? Anyone done it?

I'd ahve thought that was ok.

But mine just sits on top of the washing machine and has never had a
problem.

But, the floor is solid, the machine is a newish Bosch that is properly
levelled and doesn't wobble about very much as it seems to have a nice
smooth spin.

YMMV
--
Chris French