Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Spreadsheet help

robgraham wrote:
Thanks Jim. I'll give the pdf a good coat of looking at but I don't know
as I'm interested enough to buy a book - after all, I've managed 51 years
without knowing how to use spreadsheets. It just seemed that working out
gas and electric costs may be OK but I can't think of anything else I'd
need to use a spreadsheet for.

Well, I use mine for:-

Keeping rainfall records, daily temperature records, my personal cashflow
(keeps me solvent - more people should do this then they wouldn't get into
deep debt), subscriptions from members of organisations/clubs, investments
bought and sold, dividends paid, lottery handouts for the syndicate, a
Sudoku framework, electricity bills, plus a whole lot of stuff re business.
I'd have a problem to be without it.

Rob Graham

This is interesting if you're into energy saving, logging fuel bills
etc. Tells you by how much the temperature in your area deviated from
the average so that you can "normalise" consumption and get a better
idea of whether measures you may have taken are actually working.

http://www.degreedays.net/

I'm sure you've seen it but I thought the site deserved a plug anyway.