Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint overspray prevention?

On Jul 7, 9:11*pm, "benick" wrote:
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in ...

I have not so far used my Magnum paint sprayer, but when my wife mentioned
to our neighbor that I was planning to use it to paint our wood siding, she
(the neighbor) expressed great concern that the overspray would pollute
their new-last-year vinyl siding. Our end walls face each other about 20ft
apart.

I am planning to practice first on our shed, which is well away from their
house, but are there any general tips for preventing overspray? --
apart from the obvious warning not to spray when the wind is blowing in
their direction. I'll be using latex paints, if that makes a difference..

Perce

20 ft apart ??? FORGET IT...Unless you'ld like to buy your neighbor new
siding....With neighbors that close you can forget about any outside
spraying..You'll be paying for car damage as well as new siding...

Would wetting down the neighbors house before you start spraying
help???