Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default The coming days......

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 20:31:22 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Snag" wrote in message

snip

Yeah, and if you checked you would find the people they shot got it in
the back.

Hawke

It's been 37 years since I shot anyone , and then it was under the
auspices of the US Navy . I suppose you think we were wrong for trying to
defend the freedom of the South Vietnamese too .

Any American who fought in Vietnam to "defend the freedom of the South
Vietnamese" is a fool.

Many or most of those who fought in Vietnam were drafted and went
where their government sent them, did what they were ordered to do.
There were others who had the wit, connections or wherewithall and/or
cowardice to artfully dodge either voluntary or obligatory service one
way or another. You must be one of these unless you include yourself
in the class of fools you've defined. Are you? Do you speak as a
veteran who feels like a fool?

I find your contempt for those who answered the call and served their
country, whether as volunteers or conscripts, to be offensive.