Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall Tile adhesive queries - best way to spread it and best way to clean it up

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Thanks for that Stuart and Robert. FWIW I'm using BAL ready-mixed
adhesive, so poor mixing isn't my problem - its just down to
technique/practice I guess.

Did you PVA the wall first? If not the wall could be drying out the
adhesive as you spread it.

Only time I've PVA'd a wall before tiling is if it is lime plaster
and in poor condition - to give it some more strength. I'd say the
most absorbent wall would be bare plasterboard - and not had any
problems tiling direct to that using a decent ready mix.

I get a surprising amount of 'a few of my tiles have fallen off' jobs.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk