Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default inspection camera - for homeowner use

the recent thread on inspection cameras. I have different but
related question. I would like to be able to inspect my sewer line
out to the street - probably 50 feet or so total distance. I have
easy access to it via a cleanout plug. I don't really have any
problems with it right now in terms of clogs, but I am still curious
as to how good of a shape it's in. I am pretty sure it's cast iron
(the stack is) and 90+ years old. If there are incipient problems I'd
like to know so I can start saving up! I am thinking there ought to
be a reasonably cheap solution using a camera that hooks up to the
computer. After all a USB webcam that sits on top of your monitor
costs about $10. Can anyone recommend a product or a rigged-up
solution? I don't want to pay $$$ to a plumber or even an equipment
rental place. Yes, I am a cheap *******. -- H