Posted to alt.home.repair
Jess Jess is offline

Default Basement wall insulation

In Portland Oregon.

Befo
House had large (high) crawlspace. Pony stud walls and foundation
walls were insulated with foil backed 3 1/2" insulation. No insulation
between floor joists. I assume it was foil backed due to fire codes
for "exposed" insulation.

After:
Dug out crawlspace. Constructed new mini-foundation (about 4 feet
high) inside a few feet of the existing foundation. Poured concrete
slab floor. Built new stud walls inside the new mini-foundation. This
means these stud wall are around 4 feet from the original pony stud
walls and original foundation.

Question. How do I insulate these new basement rooms (game room,
bedroom, office) to meet code?