Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Perfect boiled eggs

john royce wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
The Medway Handyman wrote:

What I can't work out is the 1-7 scales. In each case the 1 egg mark is
higher up than the 7 egg scale, so it indicates that 1 egg requires more
water to cook than 7 eggs would?
The more eggs you're cooking, the more volume within the cooker is taken
up by eggs, so the less volume of steam you require to fill the
remainder?

Good theory, but probably wrong.
If no one gets a better answer I will comment on why it should be that
way.
As a clue I think you should look at how the heat is transferred to the
egg and what happens to the steam when that transfer happens.

I'd be very interested in learning about how to do the perfect scrambled
eggs !

Microwave.

Whisk with milk, full power for about 5-8 minutes.