Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Usual Suspect Usual Suspect is offline

Default Identify clothes washer part?

Maytag LSE7800.

The H & C supply lines go to the mixing valve and a single hose goes from
there to the tub. But before it connects to the tub there inserted in the
hose a plastic cube with some kind of restrictor. The cute is open at the
top. Open?

Yes, it's a 5-sided cube with no top. The water enters one side and,
apparently, flows out to the tub.

What's the name of this part?

It is not called out in these drawings:

http://snipurl.com/maytag.lse7800.diagrams

What's its purpose? It seems to be the cause of some local flooding in the
laundry room. What I thought was a cracked hose seems to be, instead, this
cube overflowing.

How does this part function and how do I determine if it needs replacing?

Thanks,
--
Al, the usual