Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Dribble to Flood Cooling on a Lathe

In article ,
Ignoramus18221 wrote:

Joe Gwinn, here are the pictures of the chuck shield.

Thanks.

Sorry that they
are not too good, I struggled with lighting. It was not easy to take a
picture of a transparent object on varying, dull dark background.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clausing-Colchester-13-36-Master-Lathe/12-Chuck-Shield/

The only solution is a lot more light, far beyond the ability of any
on-camera flash. But I was able to figure the photos out anyway.

As I thought, the shield covers only the chuck body, and seems a bit too
short (along the bedway) to catch coolant flung from the jaws. They do
make a larger/longer model, if I recall.

How well does it catch coolant? If I recall, you are using a soluble
oil of some kind.

Joe Gwinn