Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Cables through wall

Matty F wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:28 am, "brass monkey" wrote:
I need to poke quite a few (9 ish) audio/video/network cables through a
single brick wall. How would you make it look 'professional' as opposed to a
pile of cables going into a hole? I'd prefer not to terminate at the wall,
just go directly into the kit. Cover the hole with a surface back box and
grommet out maybe?

I've put a 1.75 inch plastic pipe through the wall with a 135 degree
bend on each end facing downwards. And pushed a polystyrene plug in
the outside to stop wind and insects from coming in.

The polystyrene will possibly attack the outer insulation in time. Best
to use sponge foam (polythene?) instead.

Bob