Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Normile John Normile is offline

Default Surface grinder dust collection strategies

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:21:23 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

How do you get the filters out of the way? I couldn't see how they
were released.

RWL

................................................. .

(John Normile) wrote:

running front to back that hold the filters in place. A flat "clamp
strip" secures the filters. Once the clamp strip is removed, the
filters lift out exposing the blower motor in the rear.

................................................. .

Does your dust collector have hardware cloth spacers between each
pleat, or is that something that some former owner has added?

I loosened the thumb screws, but the right side of the cabinet blocks
removing them as a whole unit. It looks like I might be able to work
each pleat, one pleat at a time to the left to clear the door, but
it's a tight squeeze and I was afraid of tearing the filter's cloth.
Is that how you get it out? I took photos, but I haven't had an
opportunity to upload them to the dropbox yet.

RWL

It has been a number of years since I was into the dust collector, but
the hardware screen looks familiar.

I had to take them out one at a time. They go back in one at a time
also. And I do remember it was a tight fit and a pain to R&R.
John