Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default earth bars / busbars

On Jul 7, 1:49*am, "gazz" wrote:
"NT" wrote in message

Why's 200A too high,

Do you know how much current a 200A fuse would need to see to blow in
1 minute? Its way beyond anything the OP indicates he's doing.

That might depend on the type and characteristic of the fuse. Probably 300
to 500A when new.

I think that's way off. Do you have tables? Even MCBs are nowhere near
that discriminatory or quick.
--------

just need to work out what size fuses to put on the battery terminals, and
if i should fuse each pos terminal... i.e. the series ones, and the paralell
ones, or just fuse the paralell terminals.

I'd definitely put a fuse on each battery.

the inverters terminals, the inverter is fused internaly straight after the
input terminals (its a wenchi 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter)

Anyhoo, all i need to really do is work out the fuse ratings, and if to fuse
all pos terminals, or just the paralell ones, and i really want a remote
indicator to show a blown fuse.

Maybe I've missed it, but to have any idea of what fuse to spec we'd
need to know what your maximum currents are for how long, eg 1kW for 1
minute and 200w continuous. Then you simply look at a fuse chart to
see which fuse rating is the lowest that wont blow with those loads.
As Fredxx pointed out, you can get fancy fuses with much tidier specs
than wire fuses, the latter have a pretty big overcurrent margin, ie a
big gap between rated current and will blow current. As far as
specifying fuses go, I think you can forget about startup surges, the
fuses you're looking at will have plenty of thermal inertia.

NT