Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck screw driver- what do you use?

*I love my Bosch impact driver. It is much lighter than a drill and
requires less effort.

Which one do you have? Do you drive big screws into yellow pine? Now
That I've started really looking at them I see they make a selection
from a $90 reconditioned driver to the $3-400 beasties.

*I forget what model it is, but it is a 10.8 volt that I bought at Lowes. I
did not see it in the new Bosch catalog online. It looks as though it has
been replaced with the PS40-2.

I mostly drive into 2"x4"s for attaching things or mounting plywood. The
biggest that I have driven is 6" x1/4" lag screws without a problem. What I
like about the impact driver is the light weight and less effort required.
Before I had this I would use my 18 volt Ridgid drill for driving screws.
It is much heavier and I always had to put some muscle into it. The impact
driver is much lighter and does all of the work and there is no cam out and
screw heads getting stripped.

If I was doing a deck I would want an impact driver because at the end of
the day you will have accomplished more and ache less.