Posted to uk.d-i-y
Heliotrope Smith[_2_] Heliotrope Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Range cooker - gap between units

"Kevin" wrote in message
Just had a dual-fuel range cooker installed, electric ovens/grill and
gas hob. It's 900mm wide but the gap between the units is at least
950mm. The top of the hob is above the height of the worktops, which
is granite and therefore non-combustible anyway.
I asked the kitchen fitter why the gap was so big and he told me that
his gas-safe person told him he needed at least a 25mm gap on either
side, so that's what he worked to. Anyone know if this is true? I
can't find anything in the installation manual except something
suggesting the opening should be at least 910mm to permit the cooker
to be moved in and out.

Clearance around a cooking appliance shall be in accordance with the
manufacturer's instructions.

If these are not available then there are general guidance dimensions which
should be followed.