Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lupton[_2_] Steve Lupton[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for unusual bolt

nightjar cpb@ wrote:
"Steve Lupton" backwards.moc.liamg@pulevets wrote in message
Hi

I'm looking for a coach bolt where the square section runs the full length
of the unthreaded bit.

Any suggestions of suppliers that might have such a thing?

I doubt anyone makes anything like that as a standard item. You would
probably need to get a machine shop make you one (or more0 specially.

Colin Bignell

I did suspect as much.

I had an idea for making it myself - what do you think about this?

Procure some square section bar the right size and run a die over each
end. I realise this will result in only the four corners being threaded
- do you think this could work?

I could then put a nylock nut on each side...

Steve