Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default DIY UAV -- RC Helicopter with .45 handgun attached

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 19:41:55 +0200, Robert Roland
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 00:52:38 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

In my opinion, this guy is an irresponsible idiot. It would almost
be
funny if the helicopter turned around and shot its pilot in the
head.
So you dont like guns eh?
I am quite indifferent. I don't know much about them, but I do know
how dangerous they are.
So how dangerous are they, really?
I do, however, know a bit about remote controlled helicopters. I have
flown them for nearly 20 years, so I have seen and experienced many
ways in which they can go wrong. I believe this gives me enough
background to decide whether or not it is a good idea to strap a
firearm to one.
So while you know much about helicopters (toys)...your ignorance..self
admitted of firearms leads you to believe that this is a Bad Thing?
Sorry to hear that.
Why sorry? I have met lots of people who have no interest in neither
helicopters nor metalworking, but I have never felt sorry in any way
about that. They have their interests, and I have mine. That's just
the way it should be.

And if those same people stated that Lathes are so dangerous that they
should suck in their operators....you would be fine with that.?

I know you love to play the troll, and you see guns and can't get past
that, but the guy is saying that the RC helicopter is not a reliable or
stable enough platform to make him comfortable placing a firearm upon
it. Unless you spend serious bucks, this same prohibition applies to RC
and pyrotechnics. It isn't the gun that is dangerous, it is placing the
gun on a platform that has potential for random operations, including
random firing.

I could prevent any random firing for less than $20

Would you fly that $20 safety system at a field lined with fetuses? ( I
choose fetuses because you seem to value them above all other living
things)

In a fetal heartbeat! Don't forget, I design and build stuff for a
living...and it actually works!