Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Martin Martin is offline

Default O T: Spreadsheet help

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message om...
Jules wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:07:06 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

Got a little problem trying to sort out a formula for a spreadsheet.

I suspect possible solutions depend on whose spreadsheet app you're using,
and you don't say...

This might help

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/...c:_IF_function

Things are different in Excel, but in cell c31 try

=IF(c23670; c23*c27; "")

I imagine it needs the equals sign before it, but it doesn't say so in
the wiki. Substitute a zero for "" if you want it to display a zero

I suspect (in excel) you need to use comma separators, not semi-colons.

Also, "" will normally display 0, so I suggest use 0 anyway - and hence ensure the cell is numeric, for any subsequent calcs whcih depend on it.

--
Martin