Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default Spreadsheet help

"Pete Zahut" dont@bother wrote in message
the_constructor wrote:
Got a little problem trying to sort out a formula for a spreadsheet.
Yes, some of you may think that I should use a different group, but
all the computer groups are not as helpful as this group.

Can anyone help ?

C23 = 34

C27 = 0.6530

C31 = Total

Now the formula that I need is like this:

If (C23670) Then Let C31 = (C23*C27)

I am trying to write a spreadsheet to work out the cost of my gas
bill. New meter installed with reading of zero a couple of weeks ago.

upto 670 KWh gas is charged a 0.06530p per KWh
after that it is charged at another price. I got the after bit worked
out but beggered if I can sort the first bit.

Anyone wish to hazzard a guess at the formula ?

Kindest regards,

Jim

I'll go one further and say that I have no idea whatsoever on how to use
spreadsheets. I have Microsoft Excel as part of the Office suite but never
used it - opened it once, scratched me 'ed, and shut it down again )
So, if anyone would be considerate enough to write out a complete
step-by-step idiots guide on how to do this from scratch, I would be
eternally grateful.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just did a google and came up with this for you:

http://www.rgu.ac.uk/files/ACF2EE7.pdf

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...xcel&x=17&y=15

Kindest regards,