Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.crafts.metalworking
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:40:10 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

CNC electronics cost about 4-8 times as much to fix as normal
electronics. Shrug..its called :"the going rate" unfortunately.

Motor controllers are 70s technology with MAYBE 90s electronics, if you
are lucky. Even if it is a brand new design, it still isn't worth
anything more than any other industrial application.

$4000 is a bit much for a simple swap out.

Perhaps it is guys like you that have inflated the price over the
years. Overt greed is such a sad thing. It produces jerks that thumb
their noses at the entire industrial world, then cannot figure out why
God handed you a heart condition.

I guess that's what they all deserve for buying Japanese CNC hardware.

Buy American. I'll bet that one of Cincinnati Milacron's controller
boards do not cast that much.

Laugh laugh laugh? You say? I laugh at you, jackass.

I say that I hope that chest gripper of death hits you soon, because
you are a major Asch hole.