Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default electrical problem

In article , Peter phayward@de
letebtopenworld.com writes

A five fused fusebox

sub-consumer unit with RCDs, not fuses, judging from the rest of your
post ("trippers", not fuses)

when the rcd was put back on neither the cesspit pump nor the fountain pumps
worked but garage doors sockets and lights ok

finally after tripping all switches in the garage box and turning on one by
one all starts to work again (not auto gates)

pump extracted, floats shaken a little, nothing. cesspit pump box (seperate
from fuse box) has a tripper switch off/on...pump works.

Why can I switch the fountain pumps on then nothing, change nothing other
than having all other trippers off then switch it on again and they work.

If it were me, I'd be having a look inside the sub-unit in the garage.
Sounds like the installer may have forgotten to tighten the screws onto
the live busbar and the breakers are making intermittent contact.

Don't do this yourself, get a pro sparky in. No offence, but from the
sound of your post, you're not familiar with this stuff.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.