Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default running a 5 hp motor on a "3 hp max single motor" ROTARY CONVERTER

Charles U Farley wrote:
"Snag" wrote in
:
And a new, versus old blade won't make any particular difference

Uh , Bill , it most assuredly WILL make a difference . New sharp
blades
take a lot less power to cut than old dull blades . I work full time
in a commercial millwork shop , and we can really tell the difference
when the blades start to drag from dull teeth .
Dave , you'll want to be sure the 2X4's don't warp and bind the
blade ,
that'll raise all kinds of hell with that setup .

I think the point of his statement, and mine was that the motor
startup would likely be the pass/fail point of this setup and the
blade makes no difference at that point.

Good point . I knew that start current was the biggest draw , kinda lost
sight of that ...
--
Snag
every answer