Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

On 2009-07-05, David R.Birch wrote:
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:28:50 GMT, (Nico Coesel) wrote:

A CNC machine is something different than a light bulb. Few
electricians know more than how to connect a light bulb and outlets.
Besides, the story doesn't tell whether the machine has a permanent
mains connection or is connected by a cord.

I know of zero CNC machines that operate from a line cord.

Which demonstrates how little you know. I've worked with several CNC
machines intended for secondary operations that could be moved around
the shop as needed. All ran off a line cord.

My Compact-5/CNC lathe (Emco Maier) operates from a line cord at
117 VAC (with jumpers inside for lots of other options since it was made
in Austria with exporting to many countries in mind.

Granted -- this is a small one -- 5" swing.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |