Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default DIY UAV -- RC Helicopter with .45 handgun attached

On Jul 5, 9:44*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Generally, in the aviation community, saying "I have xxx hours in yyy
aircraft" refers to time in you logbook. Loggable time would be PIC,
student, or as an FAA required crew member. You were none of the
above. As usual.

So why is there a Right Seat and controls? *

Would you please try to be less of an idiot, or are you really
incapable of serious discussion? In the right seat, you can be PIC.
You can also be an instructor, and most of that time would be logged
as PIC. You can also be a required crew member, depending on the
nature of the flight. Look it up, numbskull.

The right seat is certainly not put there so that passengers can claim
to have logged time in the aircraft.

And what does your time in "Rangers, Hillers and so forth" have to do
with radio controlled helicopters? Zero, that's what. If you think
that any real-world knowledge of full-sized aircraft operation
translates to RC models, you're sadly mistaken.

Did I claim it did? *Chuckle..dangling the hook in front of you is soooo
rewarding.
Laugh laugh laugh

You brought it up, moron.

And you took the hook, line and sinker, buffoon.

And thus, Gunner takes great pride in being the troll that he is.

Btw..how much rotary time in real helos do you have?

Zero, and I never claimed otherwise.

Or have you always been a toy pilot?

Nope. Between me and my brothers, we have two private pilot licenses,
two seaplane ratings, one instrument rating, one glider rating and one
glider instructor's certificate. I have spent a LOT of time around
aircraft.

So then you dont fly regular aircraft, just toys, *and envy the **** out
of *your brothers. *I take it you couldnt pass the physical or mental
exam?

Did I say which of had which licenses or ratings? No, I didn't think
so. You're a ****ing idiot.

I haven't "always" been a toy pilot, but I was a founding member of
the County model airplane society which built a fully AMA sanctioned
500' paved runway and seaplane dock.

So a fancy officer in a toy aircraft organization. *

Not hardly. You'd **** if you saw some of the "toys" flying at that
field.

I have also designed remote controlled video equipment both for toys
and for operations in hazardous environments. I can tell you with
certainty that the requirements are not even a little bit similar.

Which requirements are you referring to?

Well, for starters, there's resistance to interference, something
that's not abundant in hobby controllers. Don't get me wrong, some of
the digital controllers are very nice for controlling non-critical
devices, but not nearly fault-resistant enough to control potentially
lethal equipment.