Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.crafts.metalworking
James Sweet[_3_] James Sweet[_3_] is offline

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

Jon Danniken wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
My drier sees 250VAC. Low voltage stuff in this house gets 125VAC.
Everything is working just fine.

sniff sniff Is that burning cotton I smell?

Drier has a temperature limiter, so although the slightly higher voltage
results in a slightly quicker "turn on" time for the elements, they still
are shut off at the same temperature regardless of incoming voltage.

Jon

I rented a house for a while that had unusually high line voltage. It
varied from around 122V to 125V depending on the time of day. If it was
much higher than that, I'd be concerned, but anything from 115V to 125V
is pretty normal.

A friend of mine over in the UK is near the end of a long run from the
transformer that powers his street. His voltage varies considerably,
from as low as 220V to nearly 250V.