Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Temporary dishwasher

wrote:
We temporarily ran a dishwasher with the supply hose screwed onto the
standard thread of an outside tap - it was a perfect match.

Well I could just run it off the outside tap (though thinking about it the
hose attachment doesn't have a screw so maybe it isn't threaded). But that
would mean having the dishwasher in the rain!

Wouldn't it sometimes be useful to have a 'outside' tap on the pipework in
the garage, screwed to the wall? It would certainly be if more use in the
future than a dishwasher valve.

That's an idea. Trouble is the garage has the old kitchen in it, and
the pipes are fitted below counter level. It'd mean cutting a hole in the
sink, or a long pipe run from elsewhere. A bit of a faff and not terribly
pretty (yes I know it's a garage, but...)

Theo