Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

The nominal utility power as supplied is supposed to be 240V. 5
volts over is a touch hot, but not out of the bounds of normal
tolerances - turn everything on in the neighborhood some hot August
afternoon with the AC units cranked, and tell me what the voltage
reads then...

If they were seeing 250V - 255V or more, then I'd call the Utility
and get the transformer taps knocked down a notch.

My drier sees 250VAC. Low voltage stuff in this house gets 125VAC.

Everything is working just fine.

Jon