Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Virgin Media Installation Conundrum

BodgeIt wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:15:54 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

Thanks

I think it's quite obvious where the cable is going to be if they
'never touch block paving' - it gets clipped to your fence, or if
you have a garden wall, it gets clipped to that - if you don't fancy
either of these ideas, you ain't getting cable installed.

FWIW, they don't lift anything, for flags, they run the cable
between the joints - yes even if they are staggered, and for tarmac
and concrete, they grind out a small channel about an inch deep, put
the cable into place and fill in.

The only way they can do that would be to run the cable on top of the
pavement, the pavement in our cul-de-sac is also block paved, as is
the road. There is simply no route to my property that isn't block
paved for at least 1.5metres width.

Do you have a fence or wall seperating your garden from next doors, and from
the pavement?

Is there a small cement infill between wall/fence and block paving? - if
there is, this is where the cable will go.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008