Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Perfect boiled eggs

Pete Zahut wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Pete Verdon wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

What I can't work out is the 1-7 scales. In each case the 1 egg
mark is higher up than the 7 egg scale, so it indicates that 1 egg
requires more water to cook than 7 eggs would?

Do the eggs actually sit *in* the water rather than above it? If so,
it seems clear to me that having only one egg in the pan is going to
need more water to cover it than if there were six others taking up
space in the same-sized pan.

No, the eggs sit a little above the water line, they don't touch or
sit in the water at all. Seems like the cooking is achieved by the
steam.

But does it actually _work_? It seems like a lot of faffing around to
me. Best thing I've ever used is one of these
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/egg-perfec...g/product/3158
Absolutely perfect every time )

Only tried it once & yes it did work a treat.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk