Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default TOT halogen efficiency

On 5 July, 10:27, Roderick Stewart
wrote:
In article cb4261d3-91f6-4141-88ae-

, Adam Aglionby wrote:
Fluoro retofit lamps for GU10 are universally RUBBISH, they are crap,
they do not work, they are a waste of money, hope made that clear
enough they are green wash of the very worst kind.

Apart from the slight nuisance that they're slightly bigger than the
filament ones so you have to choose from a limited range of light
fittings that can take them, I've found Fluoro GU10s to be absolutely
fine. They give just as much light with less electrical power,

Afraid they don`t.

much more pleasant soft light that isn't a horrible green colour, and I
can hot-swap them without burning my fingers.

Guess your thinking of Cold Cathode FLuro CCFL which seems to be
chosen mathod fpr retrofit in GU10s which moticeably dosnt` have the
green cast of low quality CFL, if your halogen GU10s had a green cast
you have other problems... ;-)

Adam

Rod.
--