Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Normile John Normile is offline

Default Surface grinder dust collection strategies

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 21:53:14 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 07:14:42 GMT, (John Normile)
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:15:38 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

Hey Old Jag. Does your Boyer Schultz have the dust collector in the
base? I need instructions on getting to the vacuum motor and also how
to get the filter out to clean it.

RWL

I got into the vacuum motor on a Boyar Schultz dust collector base a
few years ago. The motor is accessed from the front of the cabinet.
But firsr you must remove all the filter elements. The motor is in
the rear corner.
And a Boyar Schultz service man cautioned me NOT to wash the filter
bags, as that would remove the fire retardent chemicals in the
filters.

How do you get the filters out of the way? I couldn't see how they
were released.

Someone painted my machine, so things on the base don't come apart
easily - does the roundish cover on the back come off to expose
anything of interest in taking apart the vacuum motor / blower? If
it's supposed to come off, I've got to figure out how to pull it since
it's painted (glued) now to the rest of the base.

RWL

You must go in from the front. Nothing is accessable on the back of
my machine.

The front cover is held by quarter turn screws. Once the cover is
off, you will see the filter bags. There are rails on each side
running front to back that hold the filters in place. A flat "clamp
strip" secures the filters. Once the clamp strip is removed, the
filters lift out exposing the blower motor in the rear.