Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Rechargeable battery question

I have a Makita cordless 18v drill (gift from family) that uses 18v Lithium
Ion batter packs. Battery model BL1815.
BTW, this is one of those 'quick charge' batteries that only require about
12 minutes.

Short story. Battery fell into water during an outdoor plumbing repair.
Recovered within 15 seconds. Battery charged OK 2 more times and now, upon
trying to charge, is shown as "defective" by the intelligent? charger. It
will not charge.

Took battery apart. Unlike older storage packs these batteries come apart
by simply removing 4 screws. Inside is a small circuit board with many
components, a battery pack and hint of silt from the dunking.

Any chance that this can be fixed somehow? It has only been cycled 5 times
total. Son-in-law (who gave me the gift) simply says take it back, or, he
will reverse charges on his AmEx credit card. I won't do this. This is
simply not a manufacturer's defect.

All advice appreciated. Trying to save $ 65.

Ivan Vegvary