Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Dribble to Flood Cooling on a Lathe

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:56:03 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

On the manifold, I have two needle-valve assemblies, one with 1/8" the
other with 3/16 compression fittings, so it's easy to change (or
replace) tubes and nozzles.

Probably the next project will be a shield to catch flung coolant. I
even got some on my eyeglasses.

Joe Gwinn

Check out the style splash guards used on OmniTurn retrofitted CNC
lathes. The design works quite well on manual lathes and is easy to
build yourself.

I think I recall this from a few years ago, but I'm finding only full
enclosures. Have you a URL or two in mind?

Joe Gwinn