Posted to alt.home.repair
bobmct[_2_] bobmct[_2_] is offline

Default Honda Generaor Maintenance question?

Gents;

I have a Honda ES6500 generator which is/has been serving me very well
for many years. Yesterday I was doing routing maintenance and noticed
that the oil level was low. Therefore I filled it up to the
recommended level or maybe 'slightly' over because there is no simple
gauge.

Now, when I start it, it billows white oil laden smoke and there is
oil residue in the inside of the exhaust pipe.

This is WAY more than what should be experienced even for an overfill.
From any of your experiences, other than draining out some of the oil,
is there any other component that I could examine that may alleviate
this problem?

I certainly understand gas engines well but not this particular model.

Any help, recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks - B