Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default New apartment, electrical outlet blew out 3 fans.

On Jul 4, 8:54*am, flips333 wrote:
On Jul 3, 1:47*pm, dpb wrote:

RBM wrote:
"flips333" wrote in message
So I just moved into thisnewplace and I have a problematicoutlet.
I have pluged threefansinto it and all three are busted. *...

Your fix it guy could start by testing theoutletvoltage with something
other than appliances, possibly a volt meter

Think????

LOL...

--

Thanks to all who helped and here's the answer... *the neutral is
receiving power. Thus it blows out any and all normal appliances that

Thanks again you all rock.- Hide quoted text -

When my friend lived in base housing there was a dedicated 120 VAC 20
amp circuit beneath a window so you could install a window AC unit.
Someone connected the neutral to the to the hot bus so they would have
240 for a larger unit. His wife found out about it when she plugged in
a christmas tree.

Jimmie