Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Fish Tape

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
asalcedo wrote:

I need to purchase a good quality 100 feet fish tape to lay cables in my
house.

The house is large, with garden, and long flexible (corrugated) conduit
runs.

I see this fiber glass one:

http://tinyurl.com/l4aomt

And a cheaper steel with nylon jacket one:

http://www.mytoolstore.com/ideal/ide01-04.html

Which one should I get if price is not a consideration?

Any other that will be better?

IME, I find that the fibreglass rods are actually far more useful that the
tapes. Something like :

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DRCAKL.html

for a basic set.

There are more elaborate ones as well:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ods/index.html

If you do go for a tape, make sure it is one on a spool - the coils of
nylon tape without are unmanageable!

--
Cheers,

John.

The coils of nylon cords do have 2 advantages though

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...20M/index.html

1. If you hit a bend in conduit and you then can twist the cord whilst
pushing it, it usually clears the bend.

2. If you want a pull cord inserting through a small hole that you want to
grab from the other side (eg through a ceiling into the loft in the eaves)
the natural self coiling mechanism of the cord means that it is usually easy
enough to grab with rods that have a hook on the end.

Adam

Adam