Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! Measurements....

On Jul 2, 11:03*am, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:
The entire yard/house is on 0.11 acres. The property measurements for
our entire lot/yard is 50 feet x 100 feet. We have 50 feet in front. 50
feet in back, and 100 feet on the sides of our property. *

So thats it, its official, our Scotts Drop Spreader must have
malfunctioned, and even though it was set at 5.5, it must have came out
at like a 10 or 11!?

Well, I guess its going straight to the curb for trash pickup in a few
days, and we have to invest in a new one!!!

Everyone says to invest in a "rotary type" spreader, but is a "rotary
spreader" really that good for our SMALL lawn??? I always thought that
drop spreaders were good for small lawns, and rotary spreaders are
better for bigger lawns???

Just calibrate it dont junk it. But why are you using a drop unit for
that much land, or maybe you are not it is a rotary unit, are you sure
its not rotary, my cheapo scotts rotary does near 4x as much in one
pass as a drop unit, so I walk 75% less. I called scotts to calibrate
mine as it came set to high [ Scotts makes alot more money this way]
Best is calibrate and underfeed always, that "scotts system" of a bag
a season is unessary in my opinion for most. Actualy for many, and me,
lawn treatments are a scam. Best is mulch grass, and mulch leaves and
you are fertilised and done, You still didnt remove the house and
everything else from your sq ft figures.