Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek ShadowTek is offline

Default Leaving AC/Fans on in vacant home

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Ever heard of this contraption called an electronic security
system? You don't even have to have a POTS line for them to
call for help these days.

lol That wouldn't be of much help in this particular situation. This
house was way up in the mountains, and the only cops that can get there
are the ones with 4-wheel-drive vehicles, and there are only 2 of those
units at the local police department.

Also, the unmarked maze of roads around that area makes it hard for
most people to find the place. When we arrived and saw the damage for
the first time, we called the cops, and they couldn't even find the
place, even though we gave them the specific address. Considering that
we had to go down to the nearest intersection and personally lead the
cop up the where the property was, I don't think any alarm system is
going to intimidate local vandals and theives.

The only security system that would do any good up there is one that
used some sort of autogun to shoot trespassers. But then we'd risk
killing our prospective buyers.