Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "What Sherlock did this?"

On 7/2/2009 6:37 PM WhiteTea77581 spake thus:

I thought it might be entertaining to see posts of your favorite
experience with someone else's "Handiwork."

Two of my favorites.

1. My brother and I found voltages of 33 and 66 volts at a house that
someone was fixing up to sell.
2. Telephone wire used to wire up a fluorescent light in a restaurant.

Since we seem to be playing "Top this!" here, how about:

Rewiring a restaurant in Flagstaff lo these many decades ago, one that
had previously been run by hippies (nice place, by the way), I
discovered a circuit that ran into the kitchen *directly* from the meter
panel in back. No fuse, no breaker, no nothing.