Posted to alt.home.repair
rodak[_2_] rodak[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a point at which it's unsafe to keep an old washer/dryergoing?

I second the Roper brand suggestion. When my Whirlpool died, I looked
at the Ropers at Lowes. They had one that was one of the cheapest
there, and internally, it looked virtually identical to my old
Whirlpool. In fact, it was sitting back-to-back with a Whirlpool that
had identical features, and was like $100 more. Here it is:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...0VQ&lpage=none

For $328, you can hardly go wrong. It has the only features I cared
about - four water levels and a separate Delicate cycle. Most of the
other stuff is just fluff, anyway.