Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default cutting down / cutting up trees

jo4hn wrote:
Doug Brown wrote:
"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
My father used to say any time the knife was sharp. ie. saw, ax, etc.

I personally like to cut them when it is not so hot and humid.
Meaning early spring or late fall, depending on where you live

I live in the middle of the Canadian prairies. What is this "hot" and
"humid" that you speak of?

Think back to last Summer, which I believe is August 14 in your part of
the prairie. It was about 95dF and 95% relative humidity. That was
the"hot" and "humid" that some of these southern US types speak of? As
I recall, a front came through the next day and it snowed. Oh well...

Fortunately, for those of us on the prairie there aren't any trees to
have to be bothered about cutting and splitting whatever this thing
called "firewood" is...