Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Help electric motor

A bit of a safety precaution he make sure the rope doesn't get
grabbed by the shaft and pulled back in as it wraps up. Gets really
nasty on the fingers when that happens.

Bill Noble wrote:
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
3/4 hp motor, capacitor start.
This is the motor (cement mixer) that got under water for about 24 hours.
That was 4 months ago. I thought it would start and I simply had to clean
out the end-cap bearings. Won't start. Just hums.

Is there something obvious that I can do, or is the motor a goner? Should
I try to swap capacitors?

Thanks for all advice.

Ivan Vegvary

presuming motor spins unpowered properly, spin it up (rope pull will do) and
apply power while it's spinning - if it grabs and runs, then the starter
circuit is not working