Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov is offline

Default halp, dvd drive won't stay closed

sandy58 wrote:

On Jul 3, 7:28*am, squirltop wrote:
Hi, I acci#%@! knocked the laptop off and the DVD\CD drive came out
and it was misaligned after I put it back in.

I took it apart

The drive will not stay closed, it still has the spring action pushing
it closed but it will not stay closed

Superglue?

I was going to say duct tape and mean it.

The OP knows what the problem is, and finding parts list for a CD
would be, well hard.

For the OP, I have an Apple laptop CD, I'm used to taking stuff apart
to fix it, if you think it would have the same lock, I could take a
picture of it for you.

No promises now, just if I can get around to it, and it could take a
few days, the 4th and all. Plus your CD is like dirt cheap.
--

Looking for a bulk file Renamer?
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php