Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default New apartment, electrical outlet blew out 3 fans.

On Jul 2, 9:47*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Eric in North TX wrote:

On Jul 2, 5:46=A0pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, Eric in North TX wrote:
Is it near a window and has a pattern like this: (|- |)? If so it
could be 220v

That's not a 220V pattern -- that's 120V 20A.

Perhaps, but I've seen it wires as 220v more than once where a window
A/C unit lived.

Take a look at the chart hehttp://www.generatorjoe.net/html/web...quailplug.html

I suspect that you've been looking at 6-20R without realizing what it was..

What i' saying is I've seen 520R wired for 220 volt. That may be in
violation of every code, but it still happens & more often than you
might imagine, especially in older buildings.