Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Truing up chuck jaws

wrote:

Start looking at Craigslist or Freecycle for a treadmill. Most of
them have a DC motor and controler, but I did find one with a AC motor
and a varible speed pulley.

Look under Free and be patient.

Or look in Ebay for a small VFD and then locally for a small 3 phase
motor. I just got a 56 frame three phase motor for $5 at a garage
sale.

I have been looking for a while at garage sales and local auction. I will
expand to Craigs list (where I follow other things). I saw one tread mill
motor at the auction here but it was about twice the size of the Taig
(2.5HP). I am told scroll saws are another possible source. Typically their
motors are rated for about 160 watts but that should do for the Taig (if Don
runs his off a 75W one).

--
Michael Koblic
Campbell River, BC