Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Truing up chuck jaws

On Jul 3, 3:02*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

* * * * Are you complaining about them mostly being DC motors, or about
the one AC and the VS pulley assembly? *Both would be interesting to me
Or did you get one assuming a DC motor, and when you got it home you
discovered the VS pulley?

Not complaining. Just commenting. I acquired several treadmill
motors and found that one of them had a AC motor and a VS pulley. So
if you want a DC motor, check how the speed is controled. Like you I
found both interesting.

Cheap Variacs are a little hard to find. But a light dimmer or Router
speed control will work and I think will give you somewhat better
speed control than a Variac.

Dan

* * * * That would be a good way to go -- though I think that the DC
motor would do better at really low speeds.

* * * * Of course -- I'm not the one looking for the slow speed motor,
just one responding. :-)

* * * * Enjoy,

--
*Email: * * | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
* * * * (too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html