Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!!Measurements....

In article , (MICHELLE H.) wrote:
The entire yard/house is on 0.11 acres. The property measurements for
our entire lot/yard is 50 feet x 100 feet. We have 50 feet in front. 50
feet in back, and 100 feet on the sides of our property.

So thats it, its official, our Scotts Drop Spreader must have
malfunctioned, and even though it was set at 5.5, it must have came out
at like a 10 or 11!?

No, Michelle, the spreader didn't malfunction -- its *operator* malfunctioned.
Two 5,000-sf bags is enough to treat 10,000 square feet. Your entire lot is
only half that; subtract the house, garage, driveway, etc. and the lawn is
maybe one-third that much.

The problem, plain and simple, is that you bought somewhere between two and
three times as much fertilizer as you should have used, then applied it all.