Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Truing up chuck jaws

On Jul 2, 5:22*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

* * * * A DC motor, a Variac, and a rectifier would do a nice job there.
If you really care about spindle speed precision, a servo motor and
servo amplifier would be guilding the lilly. :-)

* * * * But a DC motor a Variac, and a rectifier would be more flexible,
giving you a much wider range of speeds, and the ability to change the
speed in mid cut without having to stop the motor and change the belts.

[...]

* * * * Enjoy,

Start looking at Craigslist or Freecycle for a treadmill. Most of
them have a DC motor and controler, but I did find one with a AC motor
and a varible speed pulley.

Look under Free and be patient.

Or look in Ebay for a small VFD and then locally for a small 3 phase
motor. I just got a 56 frame three phase motor for $5 at a garage
sale.

Dan

Dan