Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long should a microwave last?

In article ,
Guy Dawson writes:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jul 2, 2:39 pm, Ian wrote:
With the Sale of Goods Act and "fit for purpose" in the back of my mind,
what is a reasonable time for a microwave to last these days?

Depends on the quality, price you paid and what you could reasonably
expect from it.

I would say you should expect a Panasonic to last longer than that.

We think our Panasonic is 12 years old. I've had to change the light so
far...

I have a bottom of the range Hitachi which is 22 years old and still working.
It became a second microwave about 8 years ago, with much reduced usage.

--
Andrew Gabriel